The Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst provides analytical services and solutions to the organization’s decision-making process, corporate performance management, and customer billing solutions; develops and implements solutions using organizational data warehouse and data marts; provides consulting services to the business users related to the use and management of data; designs, runs and maintains a library of reports to support operational and other assigned departments; effectively communicates results of analysis and makes recommendations; and develops technical specifications.
This position is responsible for interfacing and collaborating with several departments such as Development, Finance, Payment Provider, Project Managers, Customer Support, Executives to understand the requirement and provide the swift, timely and effective solution to satisfy the requirement. The position will lead the reporting operation team and help prioritize business intelligence operations task with the SVP of Operations.
The person in this position will have a strong understanding and practical application of SQL and reporting skills and the ability to apply those skills to department-specific data analysis. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining automated reporting services that combine data from various sources to produce standard budget, forecast, trend, audit, and control reports.
• Manage, maintain, and report on the daily results of billing activity, data, processes and subscription renewals.
• Create and maintain automated reporting services that combine data from various sources, to include SQL databases or excel files and produce reports relative to Customer and billing information.
• Manage monthly financial settlement and CDN / storage reports for Finance month end activities.
• Play integral role to support the Finance month, quarter and year end reporting needs.
• Design, implement and maintain big data pipeline for usage billing processing petabytes of raw logs from multiple sources.
• Create, validate and reconcile monthly billing reports for all clients.
• Work with partners to troubleshoot and resolve data ingestion or reconciliation issues.
• Work with project management and Finance team to understand and implement the ad-hoc or automated custom reporting scheduled tasks.
• Manage, maintain, and report on the daily results of data feed data and processes both internally and externally.
• Work with project management and account management team members in the migration and ETL processes of data between systems.
• Work with platform development team to assure and validate daily data feed integrity issues.
• Create and maintain shared documentation that includes, but is not limited to data collection method, measurement and analysis technique, data assumptions, and distribution requirements, and defect tracking, if applicable.
• 8-10 years of strong experience with SQL, schema design, and DBMS. Must have at least 4 years for MS SQL Server DBMS experience. Candidates without strong SQL experience will NOT be considered.
• Must have 5 years of experience of troubleshooting and fixing very critical and sensitive data feed related issues in production databases.
• Data Warehouse design principles and implementation experience.
• 5 years of experience with big data integration / modeling software like Talend.
• Experience with some type of scripting language like perl / python is nice to have.
• Familiarity with DevOps tools and/or software preferred
• Strong ability to pickup and learn new skills and concepts.
• Complex problem-solving skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work and contribute in a team environment.